A couple of weeks ago, as I was mulling over what to give up and what spiritual disciplines to take on for Lent, I made a pretty bold decision...after much deliberation I kept Facebook, but decided to give up soda, high carb/fried/ processed foods and I decided to take on the discipline of simplicity (it's way past time to de-clutter). We're about 1/5 of the way through Lent and I have come to a few conclusions...
1. It is, in fact, easier to give up Facebook than Diet Pepsi.
2. Processed foods are everywhere, so giving those up means a pretty radical diet (and pretty impractical when I am going to be out of town for a week during Lent - what was I thinking?)
3. My closet and dresser are a whole lot more organized and less cluttered once I took away everything that was:
a. not worn in a year
b. too big
c. I just don't like it any more
4. I have too many t-shirts - I have not culled through those yet
5. I miss Diet Pepsi - a lot
This has really made me think about Spiritual Disciplines and fasting in particular. I will need to do some more thinking about this when I don't need an afternoon nap to function...sigh...
any thoughts from folks out there?
Have you given anything up for Lent? Have you, instead, taken anything on?
How is that working for you?
in Christ, together,